Q3 2021 report – Another transformative quarter for the company
THU, NOV 25, 2021 08:42 CET
Akobo Minerals AB (publ) (EURONEXT: AKOBO) today reported its third quarter 2021 results. Akobo Minerals is in a project development phase and consequently had no income in the third quarter. The net loss for the period was SEK 5.1 million, and SEK 10,1 million for the first three quarters. The company has no external debt and a strong cash position of SEK 47 million.
“The third quarter of 2021 has been another transformative quarter for the company with
several new milestones achieved. We had our first trading day at the Euronext Growth exchange, enabling increased liquidity in the share. Further we both applied for and received our large scale mining license for extracting gold and associated minerals from the Segele deposit.
Segele scoping study shows an exceptional deposit and the potential for a high margin mine operation is clear.Jørgen Evjen, CEO of Akobo Minerals
As envisaged, Akobo Minerals is now an exploration company to be supported by mining operations. With the scoping study for Segele finalised we have now a much better understanding of the economics of the future mining operation. It is an exceptional deposit; world class gold grade of 20,9 gram/ton combined with an estimated all-in sustaining cost (AISC) of 243 USD per ounce. The potential for a high margin mine operation is clear.” says Jørgen Evjen, CEO of Akobo Minerals.
“Akobo Minerals has solidified its position as a leading exploration company in Ethiopia and is now ready to continue to build a solid gold mining operation based upon the same principles.
We are already busy planning for start-up of our mining operations next year. A lot needs to be done, but I am confident our organisation will deliver. Looking forward to the next chapter in Akobo Minerals journey.”
IMPORTANT EVENTS IN THE THIRD QUARTER
- Applies for and is awarded a large-scale mining license for gold and associated minerals
- Listed on Euronext Growth
- Completes its Segele scoping study with very favorable project economics
- Peacocke and Simpson awarded contract for metallurgical testwork at the Segele project
- Continued High Grade Intersections at Joru, and Segele
- Sources the first drill rig from Midroc
Events after the period
- Sources the second drill rig from Midroc
- TS Environment contracted for Environmental studies in Akobo
- Receives very positive results from metallurgical testwork, potential for greater than previously expected revenue generation
- Segele gold mineralization continues at depth with high grade intersections intercepted at 170 meters
- 1st drill program completed at Joru – rig to be moved to Segele
Watch the webcast for all shareholders and interested parties here:
For more information contact
Jørgen Evjen, CEO
Mob.: (+47) 92 80 40 14